Maria StefanopoulosProduction Manager
Maria Stefanopoulos is a two-time Emmy Award Winning Production Manager at ABC News for Good Morning America. She has been responsible for the production of GMA’s LIVE drone coverage over the erupting Bardarbunga Volcano in Central Iceland and has led the GMA team on various drone projects at sites including Breidamerkurjokull glacier and Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania, this is where two drones and three other cameras were launched on a mission to highlight animals near extinction. She has pitched and produced dozens of other live shows and events using flying cameras and has experienced a feat that unprecedented in live television history.
3:00 PM Chairperson’s closing remarks
- Showcasing how drones have helped improve news gathering by reaching inaccessible areas and how ABC News, has pioneered and perfected being able to show their audience marvels of the earth in a way they’ve never seen before
- Discussing the challenges including budget, clearance, location permit and legal constraints involved all over the world, when using drones.
- Highlighting the lessons learnt by ABC News whilst using drones for news gathering on an active volcano, into the world’s biggest cave in the middle of a jungle in central Vietnam, into a glacier and in and around Ngorongoro Crater
- Realising the true value of drones and discussing the various ways in which drones are being used for humanitarian and commercial activities
- Highlighting the positive impact of drones and comparing them with traditional methods of performing various applications including delivery, inspection, surveillance and many more
- Discussing the future applications of drones in the East African region